Ziplining is a thrilling outdoor activity that allows you to marvel at the beauty of our world while speeding through expansive jungles, over grand lakes, or above roaring oceans. It’s a way to bond with family and friends while also becoming more in tuned with one’s self, as it is an individual activity (and there’s nothing like being with your thoughts, gliding through the air with wind rushing past your ears).
Ziplining is viewed as a wonderful addition to a fun vacation, or a perfect activity for an exciting, special day. What many don’t realize is that ziplining has many surprising health benefits. That’s right—ziplining can help improve your physical and mental health! So strap up and bombs away—here are the health benefits of ziplining.
1. You get to breathe in fresh air. As a society that is so consumed by working inside an office all day and breathing recycled air, it’s amazing for your lungs to go outside and take a deep breath. Being surrounded by all those trees, you can’t help but feel that the air just tastes better. Take it all in!
2. You burn calories. As surprising at that seems (because wait, aren’t we just flying through trees?), you actually do a lot of physical work when ziplining. You’re climbing mountains and stairs to get to the right position, you have to hold on tightly to your carabiners, and you’re doing all of this outside. You’ll be sure to break a sweat during your next ziplining adventure.
3. Ziplining will increase your self-esteem. It’s true—there’s a huge sense of accomplishment when venturing into something new and exciting. You’ll feel on top of the world after you’ve gathered enough courage to speed down those mountains. It’s an incredible feeling when you land at the bottom and look up and what you’ve done and where you’ve come from. Ziplining is like a huge metaphor for the way you tackle life’s hurdles!
4. You get closer to your friends, family, and self. There’s nothing like having close bonds to help you with your mental health. Sharing the activity of ziplining is more than just a hike through the forest and flying through the air. It’s a bonding experience that is to be cherished together or with your self. It is a good time for reflection and for happiness—it’s a way to feel accomplished together! Ziplining is more than the physical; it’s the emotional too!
5. You’re reducing stress. There’s no better feeling than being at ease, and there’s nothing holding you back when you’re zipping through the sky at such a fast speed! When you’re cooped up inside and staring at a screen, you’re constantly going over the tasks you need to do the, the duties you need to fulfill. It’s stressful and difficult to remain calm when feeling trapped. Being outside and away from the triggering environments of work will surely leave you feeling restful and satisfied.
After reading these health benefits of ziplining, are you ready for your own zipline adventure? Are you ready to leave behind the stresses of everyday life and tackle a feeling of accomplishment and excitement instead? Are you ready to breathe in fresh air and take in the beautiful scenery that we’re so lucky to have in our world? Then sign up for your own backcountry, ziplining adventure at www.ziplineutah.com. We have the longest zipline over water in the world and take pride in our safety precautions—while still challenging our customers to an exhilarating experience. Your satisfaction is guaranteed; come fly with us!
Where Family Happens
Deer Creek State Park - Rainbow Bay
10 min. Southwest of Heber, UT 84032
Hwy. 189 at Mile Marker 22
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday; 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday - Open Summers Only
Picture Inquires: Ana.firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations & Marketing: Dani.email@example.com